1. Solid calcium is added to warm water. (?)
2. Powdered magnesium oxide is added to a container of carbon dioxide gas. (Syn)
3. Gaseous hydrogen sulfide is bubbled through a solution of nickel(II) nitrate. (DD)
4. Excess concentrated sodium hydroxide solution is added to solid aluminum hydroxide. (CI)
5. Solid silver is added to a dilute nitric acid (6M) solution. (Redox)
6. Excess potassium hydroxide solution is added to a solution of potassium dihydrogen phosphate. (Acid-base)
7. Hydrogen peroxide solution is added to a solution of iron(II) sulfate. (Redox)
8. Propanol is burned completely in air.
In preparation for Thursday's quiz, I (Evan... not Mrs. McCluskey) will post the actual equations as I figure them out or someone sends them to me...Do you have a correct equation? are one/all of these on here wrong?...please e-mail me!
The administrator of this site is not responsible if any or all of the answers below are incorrect. You may use the following equations on the quiz as it is your choice, but under no circumstances are the equations listed below guaranteed 100% correct, and the administrator is by no means responsible for the grade you receive on the quiz.
1. Ca (s) + H2O (l) ---> Ca(OH)2 (s) + H2 (g)
2. MgO (s) + CO2 (g) ---> MgCO3 (s)
3. H2S (g) + Ni2+ (aq) ---> NiS (s) + H+ (aq)
4. OH» (aq) + Al(OH)3 (s) ---> Al(OH)63» (aq)
5. Ag (s) + H+ (aq) + NO3» (aq) ---> Ag+ (aq) + NO (g) + H2O (l)
6. OH» (aq) + H2PO4» (aq) ---> PO43» (aq) + H2O (l)
7. H2O2 (aq) + Fe2+ (aq) ---> Fe3+ (aq) + H2O (l)
8. CH3CH2CH2OH (l) + O2 (g) ---> CO2 (g) + H2O (l)