1. Solutions of zinc sulfate and sodium phosphate are mixed.
2. Solutions of silver nitrate and lithium bromide are mixed.
3. A stream of chlorine gas is passed through a solution of cold, dilute sodium hydroxide.
4. Excess hydrochloric acid solution is added to a solution of potassium sulfite.
5. A solution of tin(II) chloride is added to an acidified solution of potassium permanganate.
6. A solution of ammonium thiocyanate is added to a solution of iron(III) chloride.
7. Samples of boron trichloride gas and ammonia gas are mixed.
8. Carbon disulfide vapor is burned in excess oxygen.
In preparation for Friday's quiz, I (Evan... not Mrs. McCluskey) will post the actual equations as I figure them out or someone sends them to me...Do you have a correct equation? are one/all of these on here wrong?...please e-mail me!
The administrator of this site is not responsible if any or all of the answers below are incorrect. You may use the following equations on the quiz as it is your choice, but under no circumstances are the equations listed below guaranteed 100% correct, and the administrator is by no means responsible for the grade you receive on the quiz.
Zn2+ (aq) + PO43» (aq)
(aq) + Br» (aq)
(g) + OH» (aq)
(aq) + Cl» (aq) + H2O (l)
4. H+ (aq) + SO32» (aq) H2SO3 (g)
Sn2+ (aq) + H+ (aq) + MnO4» (aq)
(aq) + Mn2+ (aq) + H2O (l)
(aq) + SCN» (aq)
(g) + NH3 (g)