1. Solid aluminum oxide is added to a solution of sodium hydroxide.
2. Solid calcium oxide is heated in the presence of sulfur trioxide gas.
3. Equal volumes of 0.1-molar sulfuric acid and 0.1-molar potassium hydroxide are mixed.
4. Calcium metal is heated strongly in nitrogen gas.
5. Solid copper(II) sulfide is heated strongly in oxygen gas.
6. A concentrated solution of hydrochloric acid is added to powdered manganese dioxide and gently heated.
7. A concentrated solution of ammonia is added to a solution of zinc iodide.
8. A solution of copper(II) sulfate is added to a solution of barium hydroxide.
In preparation for Friday's quiz, I (Evan... not Mrs. McCluskey) will post the actual equations as I figure them out or someone sends them to me...Do you have a correct equation? are one/all of these on here wrong?...please e-mail me!
The administrator of this site is not responsible if any or all of the answers below are incorrect. You may use the following equations on the quiz as it is your choice, but under no circumstances are the equations listed below guaranteed 100% correct, and the administrator is by no means responsible for the grade you receive on the quiz.
1. Al2O3 (s) + OH» (aq) ---> Al(OH)4» (aq)
2. CaO (s) + SO3 (g) ---> CaSO4 (s)
3. H+ (aq) + OH» (aq) ---> H2O (l)
4. Ca (s) + N2 (g) ---> Ca3N2 (g)
5. CuS (s) + O2 (g) ---> Cu (s) + SO2 (g)
6. H+ (aq) + Cl» (aq) + MnO2 (s) ---> Mn2+ (aq) + Cl2 (g) + H2O (l)
7. Zn2+ (aq) + NH3 (aq) ---> Zn(NH3)42+ (aq)
8. Cu2+ (aq) + SO42» (aq) + Ba2+ (aq) + OH» (aq) ---> Cu(OH)2 (s) + BaSO4 (s)
Please e-mail me immediately if there are any discrepancies between these and your answers.